Shipping from Ireland - reputable companies!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haunted1234

John Mason were absolutely FANTASTIC! cannot rate them highly enough.....the work with Wridgeways who will unpack your stuff this end.... we didn't have to pack a thing, they emptied drawers/cupboards and packed everything and logged it all on an inventory for us, it was then cross checked at this end by wridgeways when they unpacked it all :o) not sure of the cost as hubby's employer picked up the bill but having friends who used Pickfords (who were worse than useless in their experience but cheaper) i think you definately get what you pay for :)

Hi. I havent actually received a quote yet. Should have it Monday. Will let you know as we asked them to quote for just the household stuff and then a 40ft with two cars. Thats a good price Id say. I have them coming next week to quote me so Ill let you know if I get a similar one. Im being told I would fit the two cars and the household stuff in a 40ft if they build a stage/ramp over cars!! Dont want to leave cars here as will get next to nothing for them!!

Hi Mataba, could you give me feedback for Mason,after you meet them and get a quote pla??, I didn't think they do Ireland at all so I didn't bother to contact them.. Deciding between Careline and AMC removals, both gave me quote 5000 for door to door 20 ft container-Dublin - Queensland , don't think I have the energy for another survey :-)

Thanks

I know what you mean! i havent arranged Masons yet. Was hoping Crown and Careline would be competitive! What did you think of AMC? That sounds like a good quote for a 20ft container!

I know what you mean! i havent arranged Masons yet. Was hoping Crown and Careline would be competitive! What did you think of AMC? That sounds like a good quote for a 20ft container!

Hi Mataba,Aubrey from AMC was VERY good,answered all my questions,even brought in the material they will use for packing our furniture,I had few more questions the next day so I sent email and got all my answers right away,that € 5000 includes basic ASIQ fee of $500

Careline`s survey wasnt great-the girl turned up in 4in heels-was trying to climb up to our attic in them...-she was here like 5 mins ,didnt answer any questions..but on the advice of our agent we got in touch with Jim Farrel from Careline and he was great,answered everything..so based on that we will decide between the two ,when we get the visa I will call both of them and see who has the most suitable date for us

I had Stuart from Crown who was grand but then I asked for breakdown of his quote and he never got in touch again (both AMC & Careline provided this no problem) then I had Acers-recommended by friend who shipped with them to Perth for €3500 but they never sent me a quote even though I sent several emails..and I had QUICK move but they were disaster

Have you met with any of these?

I had a guy out from AAce and to be honest I wouldnt sent him to the post office with a letter to post let alone take off with all my worldly possessions, no matter what the price! It was a joke of a survey. He spent more time telling me about his love life and his new girlfriend than any info on the move. Still havent received the quote a week later. Then had Stuart from Crown in and he was the complete opposite and so professional. Havent received the quote yet but he was only in on Friday. Have Careline coming on Thursday, Sinead I think. If she arrives in heels she will be removing them before she comes in as I have a baby and nice wooden floors!!! Must ring AMC and Masons.

Do you mean a relocation agent? We were thinking we might need one of these alright! Any recommendations?

Guest sunnydays4
Hi Mataba,Aubrey from AMC was VERY good,answered all my questions,even brought in the material they will use for packing our furniture,I had few more questions the next day so I sent email and got all my answers right away,that € 5000 includes basic ASIQ fee of $500

Careline`s survey wasnt great-the girl turned up in 4in heels-was trying to climb up to our attic in them...-she was here like 5 mins ,didnt answer any questions..but on the advice of our agent we got in touch with Jim Farrel from Careline and he was great,answered everything..so based on that we will decide between the two ,when we get the visa I will call both of them and see who has the most suitable date for us

I had Stuart from Crown who was grand but then I asked for breakdown of his quote and he never got in touch again (both AMC & Careline provided this no problem) then I had Acers-recommended by friend who shipped with them to Perth for €3500 but they never sent me a quote even though I sent several emails..and I had QUICK move but they were disaster

Have you met with any of these?

We have had same problem with Stuart from Crown was great when we here in house real professional then sent him an email confirming everything and have not heard back from him in 2 weeks, so absolutely no way are we using Crown, if this is type of service we get now and are not even customers yet...must look up Masons, we have had AACE, Aachener, and McGimseys whose quote was more expensive than the others we had received.

I had a guy out from AAce and to be honest I wouldnt sent him to the post office with a letter to post let alone take off with all my worldly possessions, no matter what the price! It was a joke of a survey. He spent more time telling me about his love life and his new girlfriend than any info on the move. Still havent received the quote a week later. Then had Stuart from Crown in and he was the complete opposite and so professional. Havent received the quote yet but he was only in on Friday. Have Careline coming on Thursday, Sinead I think. If she arrives in heels she will be removing them before she comes in as I have a baby and nice wooden floors!!! Must ring AMC and Masons.

Do you mean a relocation agent? We were thinking we might need one of these alright! Any recommendations?

Our migration agent is Irish and she recommended Careline and Jim. Sorry I don't remember the high heels girl name but you will know straight away :-)

we had 2 men from Acers in thei 70 and it was a joke really..

stuart was a lot of big talk but no action and extra €1000!!

Who are you using sunnydays?

Guest sunnydays4

I dont know who we are using yet maybe Aachener its a nightmare, we were going with Crowns until we got no response...........

I dont know who we are using yet maybe Aachener its a nightmare, we were going with Crowns until we got no response...........

If I can recommend someone it would def be AMC but I agree it's a nightmare and so stressful, hate the fact that they look through wardrobes and cupboards :-( feel like the house must be spotless which is not easy with 1 and 3 year old...

OMG - they must be shocked when they come in here! There is no way Im cleaning up for them, no way!! The house is tidy anyway but thats it!!

Im so tempted at this stage to just pack up the kids (1 and 3 also) and pack a few suitcases and leave the rest behind!

Archived